[MlMt] Exclude from Backup / Time Machine

Michael Nietzold lists.freron.com at nietzold.com
Thu Sep 14 07:56:03 EDT 2023

I'm trying to determine which folders I can safely exclude from a Time
Machine backup...

I haven't been able to locate any official documentation on this. I've
come across some messages on the mailing list, but they don't offer
clear advice either.

I would expect an info in this section of the MailMate Manual:
https://manual.mailmate-app.com/rebuild

Below are my current directories...

- Are there any other important directories located elsewhere?
- Is it safe to exclude both Messages.noindex/ and Messages/?
- Additionally, I've heard suggestions about excluding
Database.noindex/. Would this be advisable?

```
ls -ali

Permissions   Size User    Date Modified    Name
drwx------       - muescha 2023-09-14 13:29 Autosaved Messages/
drwx------       - muescha 2023-09-14 13:37 Database.noindex/
drwx------       - muescha 2022-01-14 23:11 Managed/
lrwx------      16 muescha 2022-01-14 23:11 Messages ->
Messages.noindex/
drwx------       - muescha 2022-01-14 23:47 Messages.noindex/
.rw-r--r--       0 muescha 2022-01-14 23:31 .database_lock
.rw-r--r--@  1,143 muescha 2019-03-06 15:38 Identities.plist
.rw-------   5,652 muescha 2022-01-14 23:11 Mailboxes.old.plist
.rw-------  38,832 muescha 2023-09-14 13:37 Mailboxes.plist
.rw-------@  2,481 muescha 2023-09-07 00:39 Sources.plist