[MlMt] counting number of threads

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:38:49 EDT 2023

Thanks, Henry.

FFIW, here is a kludge. I’m not sure how accurate it is under all
conditions, but it seems OK for my simple inbox..

Basically, the filter tries to find the ‘head’ message of every
thread by eliminating any message that is a reply to another message in
the inbox, or every message that does not have a in-reply-to field.
Counting the remaining messages should be the number of threads. YMMV.

Here is my countMenu.plist

```
{
	counts = (
		{ key = "threadcount"; title = "Thread Count"; filter = "(in-reply-to
!=[c] $INBOX.message-id or in-reply-to !exists)"; /*defaultColor = ;*/
},
	);
}
```