[MlMt] Mailmate crash r5999

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon Nov 27 07:55:12 EST 2023

See below for comments to both replies, in line…

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.
E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com
W: http://techworkspro.com

On 27 Nov 2023, at 3:57, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2023, at 20:55, Henry Seiden wrote:
>
>> Back on r6002. Still no ability to pull Server Logs (with Activity
>> Viewer) open.
>
> Activity Viewer needs to be open before the actual server activity.
> When it's not open, MailMate won't log anything (to save
> time/resources).
**So, you’re saying it must REMAIN open and then logging will occur. I
get it now. Sorry, it’s early here**.
> The Gmail issue is likely unrelated to recent releases. That just not
> rule out it being related to a bug in MailMate, but then it's an older
> bug just recently triggered for you. Let me know if it happens again.
>
>> Still have issues with sound as previously reported. Possible this is
>> a Sonoma 14.1.1 issue?
>
> Possibly, right now I'm on Ventura and the sending sound works. I have
> not changed anything related to this recently though. If incoming
> sounds work for you then I think the issue is something else.
>
> What do you see in the Composer preferences pane for the Sent Message
> Sound. What happens if you switch to another sound and then back to
> MailMate > Sent. Does it work?
>
> If it does, try sending again.
>
> If the above does not help then I'll note to try on Sonoma myself just
> to make sure.
**Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Neither Received Mail NOR Sent Mail
sounds work for me in r6002. Was also reported by others in the Users
email thread. No sound**.

On 27 Nov 2023, at 3:21, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2023, at 17:54, Henry Seiden wrote:
>
>> Well, OK. But if you’d like to know I found what had happened to
>> cause the crash, I think. I had retitled the “Inbox” folder to
>> “All Inboxes”.
>>
>> That causes crashes as far back as r5997. The rename is allowed, but
>> for some reason the next time the inboxes are clicked, boom! The
>> crash occurs. Since, I simply reloaded my previous settings and all
>> seems to work OK in r5997.
>
> I tried reproducing this, but without any luck. Make sure you have
> enabled sending crash reports in the Software Update preferences pane
> IF you haven't done so already. Based on some anonymous reports
> received for r5997 recently I have changed some code to work around an
> issue. This might be the one you were experiencing.
**I submit all crash reports anonymously (the default)**.

> Somewhat related, the only crash reports (sent automatically) for
> r6002 is an issue which should be fixed in r6003. In other words,
> r6002 *seems* to be quite stable now.
>
>> However, cannot gather the logs even when Activity Viewer is open, so
>> the log you requested is NOT attached.
>
> I was asking for crash reports which should be available in Apple's
> Console app. The Activity Viewer is only for server logs and is likely
> not related to this issue.
**Oh. Will send Crash Logs>Mailmate, if still available. Cannot gather
Server Logs with the setting enabled, though. FYI**

>> Don’t know why this occurs, but remember seeing before (I”m on
>> 5997 now). Should I try 6002 to see if that behaves differently?
>
> Wait for r6003 later today and then let me know if you get more
> crashes (maybe via Help > Send Feedback) unless you think it's an
> issue of general interest.
>
> (I'm currently prioritizing crash reports and performance issues. I
> know I'm also receiving other reports/questions/requests, but I simply
> cannot reply to everything.)

**Will do**.