[MlMt] Mailmate crash r5999

Mon Nov 27 03:21:52 EST 2023

On 26 Nov 2023, at 17:54, Henry Seiden wrote:

> Well, OK. But if you’d like to know I found what had happened to
> cause the crash, I think. I had retitled the “Inbox” folder to
> “All Inboxes”.
>
> That causes crashes as far back as r5997. The rename is allowed, but
> for some reason the next time the inboxes are clicked, boom! The crash
> occurs. Since, I simply reloaded my previous settings and all seems to
> work OK in r5997.

I tried reproducing this, but without any luck. Make sure you have
enabled sending crash reports in the Software Update preferences pane IF
you haven't done so already. Based on some anonymous reports received
for r5997 recently I have changed some code to work around an issue.
This might be the one you were experiencing.

Somewhat related, the only crash reports (sent automatically) for r6002
is an issue which should be fixed in r6003. In other words, r6002
*seems* to be quite stable now.

> However, cannot gather the logs even when Activity Viewer is open, so
> the log you requested is NOT attached.

I was asking for crash reports which should be available in Apple's
Console app. The Activity Viewer is only for server logs and is likely
not related to this issue.

> Don’t know why this occurs, but remember seeing before (I”m on
> 5997 now). Should I try 6002 to see if that behaves differently?

Wait for r6003 later today and then let me know if you get more crashes
(maybe via Help > Send Feedback) unless you think it's an issue of
general interest.

(I'm currently prioritizing crash reports and performance issues. I know
I'm also receiving other reports/questions/requests, but I simply cannot
reply to everything.)