[MlMt] Mailmate crash r5999

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Nov 26 11:54:45 EST 2023

Benny,

Well, OK. But if you’d like to know I found what had happened to cause
the crash, I think. I had retitled the “Inbox” folder to “All
Inboxes”.

That causes crashes as far back as r5997. The rename is allowed, but for
some reason the next time the inboxes are clicked, boom! The crash
occurs. Since, I simply reloaded my previous settings and all seems to
work OK in r5997.

I worked around the issue by reinstalling from a previous save the
.plist settings (identities, Mailboxes, Signatures, Sources and
Submission) in ~/Users/Library/Application Support/Mailboxes. And I
backed down the version to 5997 so the sending email sounds seem to work
again.

However, cannot gather the logs even when Activity Viewer is open, so
the log you requested is NOT attached.

Don’t know why this occurs, but remember seeing before (I”m on 5997
now). Should I try 6002 to see if that behaves differently?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.