[MlMt] moving Mailmate mail to a newtork share

Christian Bailey freron at aetm.us
Tue Nov 7 09:22:40 EST 2023

I tried moving the target directory (com.freron.MailMate) to the NAS and
changing the link, but now MailMate crashes when run. I tried moving the
target directory to a USB drive and changed the link to point to that.
MailMate crashes when run.

I got MailMate to run again by deleting the symbolic link, but all but
newly received messages have their content missing. I could refetch
messages using the “Message ▸ Reset...” menu item, but want to move the
directory where they are stored first.

I've tried multiple times changing the folder in Options-General-Messages
Folder-Custom location. However, that always reverts after restarting
MailMate.