[MlMt] moving Mailmate mail to a newtork share

Christian Bailey freron at aetm.us
Tue Nov 7 09:49:02 EST 2023

> ln -hfs afp://[NAS]/data/MailMate/Messages ~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Messages
I tried it again from scratch and this time it worked. I think there may
have been a problem with how I changed the symlink the first time.

I also see that now Options-General-Messages Folder-Custom location has
updated to reflect the symlink. This is unexpected. Normally a user would
expect to be able to change the symlink by changing that setting.

My message store had file mix-ups in this whole process so I'm starting
with a new one. I know I can use the “Message ▸ Reset...” menu item after
selecting all emails in each folder. Is there a way to do this for a whole
Account without deleting and re-adding it?