[MlMt] moving Mailmate mail to a newtork share

Christian Bailey freron at aetm.us
Mon Nov 6 17:01:56 EST 2023

On a MacMini, the SSD is full, mostly due to mailmate mailboxes.

I tried moving them by changing the folder in Options-General-Messages Folder-Custom location. However, no files were moved.

I see the mail is actually kept in: ~/com.freron.MailMate/Messages
With a symlink from: ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages

Can I just move the first folder to the NAS and then change the symlink with:
ln -hfs afp://[NAS]/data/MailMate/Messages ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages

?

I thought this would be a common issue and searched first, but didn’t find anything.