[MlMt] Hidden preference ""

Brock Brandenberg brock at bergdesign.com
Sat Aug 26 12:45:40 EDT 2023

Hello.

Does anyone else use/set the hidden pref for “MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy”, and if so, is your 597x version still behaving properly? To me, it appears that this selection order is broken in the 597x test builds. The last I remember it working properly was a 596x build.

Here’s what I set from Terminal:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMessagesOutlineMoveStrategy -string "unreadOrNext"

I have not changed this setting recently, but I set it again before posting this, and I checked it by reading it back to make sure it is set. Deleting a message or archiving one always moved the selection to the next unread message either immediately above or below it in the list, but now in 5975, it regularly selects a read message when an unread one is adjacent.

Brock