[MlMt] Mailmate hangs when editing rules

Paul Atlan paulatlan at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 23 13:07:45 EDT 2024

I’m trying to tame my fastmail account by creating a number of nested
mailboxes with rules and conditions.
(not really relevant, but I’m using my own take on the Johnny Decimal
system)…
There are about 14 000 messages in my fastmail account.
Unfortunately, MailMate hangs very often (as in , three times in the
last ten minutes) when editing the mailbox rules.

I haven’t been able to nail down a specific action that makes it hang.

In some cases, if I wait a minute it will finish whatever task is
ongoing and un-hang, but most of the time I’ll have to restart mail
mate.

Is there a way:
- to identifiy wich actions create the hang-up , so I can maybe mitigate
them
- alternatively to edit the rules “off-line” as it where and then
apply them?

Thanks!