[MlMt] Contacts group rule not working on new setup

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Jun 10 18:05:19 EDT 2024

On 2024-06-10 at 17:26:29 UTC-0400 (Mon, 10 Jun 2024 14:26:29 -0700)
Tariq Magdon-Ismail <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi,
>
> I have a VIP smart mailbox with the rule:
> From >> Contact >> Group contains iCloud>VIP
>
> This has been working as expected and displays only messages for
> contacts in the VIP group (in Apple Contacts). However, I just
> installed MailMate on a new machine and this rule does _not_ work.
> MailMate has permission to access contacts (in System Settings >
> Privacy & Security) and I can see all contacts in the MailMate Address
> Panel. I am currently on r6030 on both machines (but the behavior was
> the same with r5964).
>
> It's been a long time since I've setup MailMate on the old computer.
> Have I neglected some setting on the new one? (FYI, they are both on
> macOS 14.5).

The only place in the prefs that refers to the system Contacts in in the
Composer pane where there's a checkbox for using Contacts in addition to
a mailbox to feed auto-complete.

I would NOT expect that setting to control whether Contacts are usable
in rules, but it MIGHT.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org