[MlMt] Explanation of signature settings

Fri Jun 7 09:42:53 EDT 2024

On 13 May 2024, at 7:00, Logan Kirkland wrote:

> It’s not obvious to me what some of the settings on the Signatures
> tab do, and I can’t find an explanation in the manual.
>
> Specifically, what exactly do these options do?
> - “Signature based on history”

The signature is based on what you have used in previous emails to the
same recipient (using the Signature menu to select the signature). If no
previous emails are found then it's based on what you tend to use when
sending from the selected From address.

> - “Reset Signature Usage History”

Reset whatever MailMate has learned from previously sent emails.

> - “Default signature”

If nothing was found based on history then this determines if/when a
signature should be added by default.