[MlMt] Key binding selector for "Edit Tags"?

John Cooper mailmate2 at coopercontent.com
Thu Jun 6 15:27:42 EDT 2024

Tariq Magdon-Ismail wrote (at 12:12 PM on Thursday, June 6, 2024):

> I have defined 't' as a multi-stroke binding that toggles tags. For example, 'tp' would toggle the tag "pinned", 'tf' would toggle "focus" etc. I'd like to define 'tt' to move focus to the tags editor. I could assign a shortcut in the Tags preference pane, but that will only let me bind to a single stroke key combination.

I'm not sure how that could be implemented without disabling the single-stroke binding, since the first "t" in the "tt" combo would be interpreted as "Edit Tag," as the default seems to be. One solution would be to disable the conflicting single-stroke bindings using a custom bindings file, and implement the double-stroke bindings with a third-party keyboard shortcuts manager such as Keyboard Maestro. I don't know of any MailMate-internal solution.