[MlMt] moving tags to a new Mac

Eric Sharakan esharakan at mac.com
Fri Apr 12 08:46:10 EDT 2024

Hmm, so it looks like I asked this very question when I migrated to my current Mac in 2018, and the answers back then were not encouraging. :-( I now have a vague recollection of manually re-generating my tags.  It was not fun.

I'm hoping someone has since come up with a better method (perhaps via a bundle of some sort?) to accomplish this.  The thought of losing access to all the tags associated with my work email is unbearable.  The thought of manually re-creating them is out of the question; my tags usage has exploded in these past 6 years.

Benny, I'm a programmer, and would be willing to try to write a bundle to accomplish this, if you can give me the info I need to extract the tags from my old laptop and re-introduce them to the messages in my new one.

Thanks.

-Eric