[MlMt] find reply

Wed Apr 3 08:36:33 EDT 2024

On 2 Apr 2024, at 22:36, aisrael wrote:

> In fact it is not that simple : when I right click  on the subject of the message (left click does not do anything), I can only access the messages which are in the same mailbox. To have it to work, I need to use the All Messages “mailbox”, [...]

First a note on this: For any kind of search (initiated by clicks, menus, toolbar), you can always switch the mailbox for the search and MailMate will just perform the existing search on that mailbox instead. You can also select multiple mailboxes if needed.

The default search mailbox can be configured in the popup menu of the toolbar search field, but this only controls the initially selected mailbox. In many cases, holding down ⌘ when doing a search (e.g., when double-clicking in the message list) will, depending on the default setting, keep the current mailbox selected instead of switching to the default search mailbox.

That said, double-clicking the reply-icon (left-arrow) should find that message and select it. It's a bug if this doesn't work although it can fail if MailMate simply cannot find the reply.