[MlMt] disabling gifs in received mail

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:06:46 EDT 2023

On 21 Mar 2023, at 14:30, davecc0000 wrote:

> You can’t disable a single GIF. You can only disable loading of all images—including GIFs.
>
> You don’t say what mail application you are using

I'm sure it will surprise no one here that I'm using MailMate :) Image blocking is enabled for All Messages in the Security preference pane.

On 21 Mar 2023, at 14:55, Glenn Parker wrote:

> If you don’t mind modifying the original message slightly, you can have MailMate remove the annoying GIF attachment directly.

I'd be fine with that, but it's not an attachment, or at least MailMate doesn't see it as one. When I start a reply to the offending message, so that all HTML etc is stripped and I can see what's going on, the GIF shows up as

[cid:image001.gif at 01D95BD6.19A3BB70]

between the lines of text that precede and follow it in the message.

Shoshanna Green (she/her)
shoshannag at gmail.com