[MlMt] Open Links in Background?

John Doherty jld at jld3.net
Fri Jan 27 21:04:55 EST 2023

On Fri 2023-01-27 06:36 PM MST -0700, <mailmate at not-pc.com> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2023, at 11:07, Michael Nietzold wrote:
>
>> ## Summary
>>
>> Is there a way to open links in background? MailMate should stay
>> activated
>
> I think this might be browser-dependent.  ISTR this working as desired
> with Safari and Chrome, but when I switched to Brave Browser, it
> stopped working.

It seems to be. I just tried changing my default browser to several
others to see what would happen. With Safari and Firefox, the link is
opened in the background. With Brave, Chrome, Opera, and Vivaldi, the
browser comes to the front.

I think all of the latter four are based on Chromium, which may be why
they work similarly in this regard, dunno.