[MlMt] Open Links in Background?

Michael Nietzold lists.freron.com at nietzold.com
Fri Jan 27 11:07:05 EST 2023

## Summary

Is there a way to open links in background? MailMate should stay
activated

## What I do:

I have many mails with many links (for example a newsletter with some
list of articles).

I like to open some of the links.

Just now I click on them, and they open Chrome. But the problem is: then
the Chrome app is the frontmost app.

## What I see:

- To delete the message (because there are no more links) I need to
activate mail mate again, because chrome is the frontmost app
- to click on the next link, I have to click twice: the first click to
activate mail mate and the second click to click on the link

## What I expect:

MailMate should stay activated so that I can work with MailMate

## What I tried so far:

I used modifier keys (shift, alt/option, command) in combination with
the click - but no luck

## Suggestion:

As I know from Chrome there I can use the `cmd`+`click` to open a link
in background it can be also in MailMate to open a link in Background.
Otherwise an option that this `open in background` is the default
behaviour would be the best solution for me :)