[MlMt] 5933: Dragging files into a folder => files are locked (immutable set)

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 26 09:47:04 EST 2023

Actually, I think that the solution you adopted was correct even in
principle: attachments are part of an inbound email message, and should
not be overwritten. If nothing else, what if for some reason the message
was refetched from the IMAP server? What if you look at the attachment
from one device, which does its own IMAP fetches, after editing it on
another? I'd always assumed that attachments were locked; I was glad
when MailMate finally implemented it.

         —Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb