[MlMt] Pasting text results in image - how to fix?

Thu Jan 26 06:23:55 EST 2023

On 22 Jan 2023, at 0:42, Scott wrote:

> But MailMate will almost always turn pasted text into an image.

It'll only happen if the application putting it on the pasteboard added an image as well as text. I don't really know why any app would do that if it's really only text. (MailMate does not have any text to image conversion.)

That said, I recall changing something related to Office apps (at least Excel and Word), but I'm not sure it works in other cases. Please try and see if the latest beta behaves differently (r5937). If not, I'll revisit the issue (right now, I've forgotten the details :) ).

> I'm guessing there's extraneous information in the copied data which is making MailMate assume I'm trying to paste binary content, perhaps.

From the perspective of MailMate, you really are pasting binary data (an image).