[MlMt] counter colors

John Doherty jld at jld3.net
Mon Jan 23 22:50:31 EST 2023

On Mon 2023-01-23 08:39 PM MST -0700, <mailmate2 at coopercontent.com>
wrote:

> Glenn Parker wrote (at 6:09 PM on Monday, January 23, 2023):
>
>> On 23 Jan 2023, at 19:13, John Cooper wrote:
>>> But why bother with counters.txt and stdout and stdin? I would
>>> suggest quitting MailMate, making a copy of
>>> ~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist, editing the copy
>>> directly in a reliable text editor such as BBEdit…
>>
>> You could try that, but you’ll quickly notice that
>> com.freron.MailMate.plist is a binary file.
>
> That's not my experience.
>
> ![](https://i.ibb.co/X777KYG/Screenshot-2023-01-23-at-7-35-21-PM.png)

That's interesting:

$ file ~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist
/Users/XXXX/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist: Apple binary
property list

$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.15.7
BuildVersion:	19H2026

$ man pl | grep old
      pl can be used to check the syntax of old-style ASCII property
list

Do not know when "old-style ASCII" plists were superseded by "Apple
binary."