[MlMt] counter colors

Gavan Schneider list.mm.gavan at pendari.org
Mon Jan 23 22:14:04 EST 2023

On 24 Jan 2023, at 13:09, Glenn Parker wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2023, at 19:13, John Cooper wrote:
>> But why bother with counters.txt and stdout and stdin? I would
>> suggest quitting MailMate, making a copy of
>> ~/Library/Preferences/com.freron.MailMate.plist, editing the copy
>> directly in a reliable text editor such as BBEdit…
>
> You could try that, but you’ll quickly notice that
> com.freron.MailMate.plist is a binary file.

Almost never used by myself but there is another tool in the box
that’s meant to help here —

	NAME
	     PlistBuddy – read and write values to plists

	SYNOPSIS
	     PlistBuddy [-cxh] file.plist

	DESCRIPTION
	     The PlistBuddy command is used to read and modify values inside of
a plist. Unless specified by
	     the -c switch, PlistBuddy runs in interactive mode.
	…

Option -a outputs the plist file in human ‘readable’ form

Regards
Gavan