[MlMt] Pasting text results in image - how to fix?

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Sat Jan 21 18:42:06 EST 2023

Hello,

For a while now (over a year, possibly more), I've found that when I paste text into a compose window on MailMate, instead of just getting the text, it is turned into a Pasted Image (PNG, I think).

This is somewhat infuriating, as I end up taking the same text from the Clipboard, pasting it into Sublime Text, select-all, copy, and THEN pasting it into MailMate.

Is it just me?  Is there a workaround?

The source text is often from various web-apps I use for work, but, no other application besides MailMate seems to have an issue with it.

I can take the same Clipboard and paste into a Terminal session, vim, any text editor, DevonThink, doesn't matter...always works.

But MailMate will almost always turn pasted text into an image.

I'm guessing there's extraneous information in the copied data which is making MailMate assume I'm trying to paste binary content, perhaps.

Would be great if someone knows a way around this!

Regards,

Scott