[MlMt] tags and the correspondence window

Guy Middleton guy.middle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:16:34 EST 2023

I found some behaviour which seems unintuitive to me:

1. Select a message from my plumber (for example), all message to/from
him appear in the correspondence window.
2. Command-A in the correspondence window to select all of them.
3. t to bring up the tags dialog. Enter the tag “plumbing”.
4. The simple messages in the correspondence window are all tagged
“plumbing”, **but** for any threads, only the first message in the
thread is tagged.

Is this the intended operation?  It seems to me that all messages in the
thread should be tagged.

If I expand the thread before selecting so that its messages are
visible, then those messages are also tagged as expected.

I notice that if I select all then expand, only the top-level message in
the thread is selected, which explains the behaviour.  Given that, is
there any way to select all the messages in the window, including all
messages hidden in each thread?

Thanks.