[MlMt] Custom keybindings file

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 22:46:32 EST 2023

I thought I'd done this before (for defining coloring rules, not keybindings), so I googled it, and up popped a thread from back in 2014 between you and Benny (at https://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2014-March/002177.html) where he says:

> Yes, but it's still the value you need. For smart mailboxes the value is an actual UUID, but for IMAP mailboxes then the IMAP URL is unique in itself. A few standard mailboxes have hardcoded values such as “ARCHIVE”. It's an implementation detail I didn't originally expect to “leak”. Sorry about the confusion.

Since all my coloring rules involved smart mailboxes, I always ended up with what looks like a typical UUID when I did the Cmd-C trick on a mailbox.  Doing the same thing an an actual IMAP mailbox yields an imap: URL.

Assuming Benny's comment still applies, it seems you are doing it as he expects, and perhaps you've uncovered a bug.  Though it's interesting that your working keybindings file has all UUIDs; wonder how those were obtained for the IMAP mailboxes?

Hopefully Benny will respond with some ideas.  If not, you might want to use the Help->Send Feedback... menu item to send mail to him directly.

BTW, you didn't state what version of MM you're running.

-Eric