[MlMt] Verifying the MlMt installer’s integrity

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Wed Apr 26 20:50:39 EDT 2023

On 26 Apr 2023, at 12:59 MST, davecc0000 wrote:

> Apple App Store and the like provide verification of all apps
> submitted for distribution from the store.
>
> For direct downloads such as the MailMate app, how do we verify that
> the file has not been tampered with? Is there a signature or hash that
> Benny can provide? I didn’t see any such on the download page.

I don't recall ever seeing a sig file for MailMate, nor have I kept up
with Apple's 'notarization' scheme, but there are useful tools available
to look around, to look before you leap..

Here is one:

https://www.mothersruin.com/software/SuspiciousPackage

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673