[MlMt] Quote More/Quote Less

John Doherty jld at jld3.net
Mon Apr 24 21:46:04 EDT 2023

Never noticed this feature before or at least, didn't remember it.
Probably saw the menu items way back when I first started using
MailMate.

In the description below of what I see, I'm going to use plus signs to
indicate quoting rather than greater than signs because I think that
might be clearer. Not sure, but anyway...

If I have a message that looks like this:

+ quote level 1
++ quote level 2
+++ quote level 3

And then do "Quote Less" once, it turns into this:

+ quote level 1
++ quote level 2
+++ [...]

Do it again, and it turns into this:

+ quote level 1
++ [...]

Again, and it turns into this:

+ [...]

Not sure what to call this: "collapsing," I guess.

There is one oddity here. If the first quoted line is the first line of
the message, then nothing I do collapses it. This is the case in your
example, so you can try putting a blank line above the one line in your
example and try it again.