[MlMt] good email providers that play well w/ MailMate [was: moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?]

Ken Pope ken at kenpope.com
Fri Apr 14 06:58:46 EDT 2023

Thank you for the detailed, helpful instructions on how to move from my
current dedicated server to Fastmail while continuing to use MailMate.

A very naive question: I’m currently using a domain name
(ken at kenpope.com) for my MailMate mail.  I want to continue to use that
name when I move to Fastmail.  If I open an account at Fastmail with
that domain name, won’t it close/end the account at my current
dedicated server *before* I can transfer my messages (i.e., I can’t
have both my current *and* my Fastmail accounts under the same
ken at kenpope.com, can I?)?

But if I open a Fastmail account under a different name (e.g.,
“Ken at Fastmail.com”), how do I then change my account name at
Fastmail to ken at kenpope.com?

As always, thanks for the generous and invaluable help.

Ken