[MlMt] Is there a way to get the ID of the message that was just sent?

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Tue Sep 27 11:32:30 EDT 2022

On 27 Sep 2022, at 1:24, Robert Wall wrote:

> Working through some task automation here, and what I really need is the ability to get a message link to my sent message right after I hit "send" so that I can shuttle it off to my task manager.
>
> I know I can get the message link if I open up "Sent", click on the message, and then do the Edit -> Copy as Link.
>
> But is there any faster way to do that? Maybe some sort of AppleScript voodoo?

As with database OIDs, I would strongly advise against an internal ID for the use in any kind of transaction; it's always better either to get the next id in advance or within the transaction.

That said, create a view showing the message ID, ORDER BY MSG ID DESC and grab the top one.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Sengelsweg 34