[MlMt] copy/paste html links

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:26:13 EDT 2022

Hi All,
There are two issues here, which I’m sorry I wasn’t sufficiently
clear on:

1. There is pasting a text string that begins with “http://“. For
me, this indeed turns in to a full-fledged link automatically. I think
this is the sort of thing that Sam is talking about.

2. There is pasting a text string that doesn’t start with
“http://“, but that is a hyperlink. ([Like
this](https://www.google.com/?client=safari)). Cutting and pasting this
sort of thing doesn’t yield a hyperlink for me, it just yields the
text “Like this”).

The second one is what I’m curious about. Right now, I think I do
something like Zak, which is to construct the appropriate
markdown-formatted link. (I have an Alfred workflow that makes it very
easy, I just wondered if there are other ideas out there. Happy to share
the workflow w/ anyone interested).

Zvi