[MlMt] copy/paste html links

Zak McClellan zmcclellan at diconconsulting.com
Thu Sep 15 09:31:46 EDT 2022

On 14 Sep 2022, at 17:11, Zvi Biener wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if you would share your various methods for pasting html
> links into MailMate? I’m envisioning the following scenario: you
> want to cut and paste a link from a webpage whose text is “XYX”.
> However, pasting into MailMate results in the plain-text phrase
> “XYX” without the link. Right now, I just add the link manually.
> But do you all have better methods?
>
> Thanks,
> Zvi

The "XYX" text turns into a link for me as I use markdown when sending
mail. When referencing a link within the body of my email I use the
markdown reference for inline links. Only the body text is visible [body
text](XYX).

	[This link](http://example.net/) has no title attribute.
	https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#link

I will then paste the XYX as the full URL under my signature.

-Zak