[MlMt] MacOS 13 Ventura

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 17:12:38 EDT 2022

On 5 Sep 2022, at 10:13, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Sep 2022, at 18:02, Joseph P. Hillenburg wrote:
>
>> Has Mailmate been tested on Ventura? Will a new build be necessary?
>
> I did borrow a Ventura-capable machine a few weeks ago and then
> installed Ventura on an external disk to see if there were any major
> issues. It seems to work well, but I do welcome any bug reports (using
> the latest test release of MailMate).
>
> My main development machine (MacBook Pro 2015) does not support
> Ventura.

Probably not helpful for the Ventura support (at least not yet), but I
thought folks with older machines might be interested in
[OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher](https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/).
This is an open-source tool that allows many older machines to be
upgraded to various mac OS versions, including Monterey (mac OS 12),
without official Apple support.

I was able to get my older MacBook Air on Monterey even though Apple has
decided to leave it behind on mac OS 10. I realize this isn’t a
“permanent” solution for older hardware, but for now I’m very glad
to have the latest security features on my lightweight “travel”
system.

More detailed discussion here:
https://www.intego.com/mac-security-blog/how-to-keep-older-macs-secure-a-geeky-approach/

Glenn P. Parker