[MlMt] Spurious newlines in copied text

Scott mailmate at howyagoin.net
Fri Sep 2 03:21:11 EDT 2022

> When I select and copy a block of text that contains line breaks from a mail,
> and then paste it somewhere else the line breaks double and become empty lines.
> Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

This one hits me regularly, and there's a workaround:  Use right-click Copy (from pop-up menu), rather than command-c.

For $reasons that I'm sure Benny groks better than I do, this works.

Not ideal for a smooth workflow, but, it has worked 100% of the time for me when I want to ensure that I'm not receiving spurious newlines.

Regards,

Scott