[MlMt] Office 365 / Encrypted Emails

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri Oct 28 08:28:23 EDT 2022

On 26 Oct 2022, at 11:27, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> My understanding those are e-mails with Rights-Managed Email Object Protocol enabled.

Hi Alexandre, yes, that's how I understand it too.

> This is a proprietary Microsoft format - your only bet is to use Outlook (not even sure the Mac version does know about it) or OWA.

Ok, as I thought.

The person sending me the email accidentally encrypted it.

However, I still see an indirect pressure into the market, when more and more companies start using this OL feature and think, it's the standard.

The only company I'm aware about that consequently uses PGP or S/MIME encrypted email, is Mercedes Benz. You can submit your PGP key, and from then on, all emails are encrypted back and forth. Very nice.

- Robert