[MlMt] Finer control of blacklist

Mike Brasch mikebrasch at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 23 03:31:48 EDT 2022

On 21 Oct 2022, at 1:45, Henry Seiden wrote:

> I’m (un)lucky enough to have to filter many forms of junk mail
> including traditional spam, among several accounts. Four out of eight
> accounts have much more spam and much more activity, so I think that
> the more active with good (non spam mail) an account/source us the
> more junk you’ll get.

If it is an option, maybe this is an option:

I have some (lower traffic) mail addresses at different providers (I
want to phase them out). Each of them will be directly redirected to my
main (Fastmail) account. I also completley switched off all filters and
spam filtering.

At Fastmail I have set up an "Identity". When I send an message (new or
as an reply) via one of my secondary adresses, Fastmail will send them
to the other providers SMTP and from here it will go to the receiver.
For the other one, it looks like a conversion with your secondary
accound. In the mail header one can see the indirection.

Filtering and Spam-Filtering (with strongest settings) is completely
done by Fastmail. I have absolutely no problems with spam. It works
perfectly for me.

I don't know which providers also have the "identity" feature. Gmail has
it.

--
Best Regards
Mike