[MlMt] strange lag

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Nov 24 05:15:34 EST 2022

I am in the process of switching computers and as I just got MailMate
running on the new computer, I happen to run it often on the old and new
computers in parallel. Same physical network, both computers connected
through cable to the same switch in the basement. I notice that most new
mails appear on the old computer before they appear on the new one. We
are talking anywhere from seconds to over a minute difference. MailMate
configs are the same (plists were copied from the old computer) but
MailMate versions are quite different (5657 vs 5918).

In big scheme of things, this is not so important since they mails come
in on both computers, but I am curious what could explain this lag.

Robert