[MlMt] MailMate crashes upon launch on Monterey

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Nov 22 14:37:47 EST 2022

On 2022-11-22 at 14:09:47 UTC-0500 (Tue, 22 Nov 2022 20:09:47 +0100)
Robert Brenstein <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Thank you all who responded. Let me answer all here.
>
> To make the story short, after some checking, I removed the MailMate folder from the Application Support (I left the preference file as I checked that it does not affect anything). I fetched version 5673 from the /archives/ directory. It launched and created a new MailMate folder. I quit MM and copied all config plists from the old folder to the new folder. MM launched just fine and started fetching all mails. That took quite a while despite me being in 1GB internet connection (I do have some 200,000 emails in 25 accounts), but all is well.
>
> I then fetched version 5850 and it launched fine. The layout needed a fix and I can’t say I care too much for the bland grayish look, but it works.
>
> I then fetched 5918 to move further and noticed that the version I fetched from the /Archives/ is 14.6 MB whereas the version I fetched last week from the download page is 7,5 MB (I am talking about the tbz file). The one from last week is identified as 2.0 beta whereas the one downloaded now is 1.14.

There's your problem: The "2.0 beta" is an obsolete artifact. Benny was maintaining 2 development branches for some time but it has been a long time since the "2.0 beta" got any updates and he advised those of us using it that he was going to just develop the 1.x branch henceforth.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire