[MlMt] MailMate crashes upon launch on Monterey

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 10:28:43 EST 2022

On 18 Nov 2022, at 17:40, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I just got a new M1 MacBook Pro 16” and migrated all my files using Migration Assistant, including MailMate files in Application Support and Preferences, from my old computer running El Capitan and MailMate 5657. The new computer is running MacOS Monterey 12.3 and I downloaded and installed MailMate 5918.

FWIW, I had more than a few problems with the results of the migration assistant when I transitioned to an M1 iMac on Monterey. It grabbed a lot of crufty old stuff, some of which wasn’t even M1 compatible. I wouldn’t use it again.

I would definitely consider re-installing MailMate from scratch. You can just let MailMate resync everything, which might take a while. You can restore your foldering rules and filters by copying the relevant preference files, just remember to exit MailMate and save backups before editing any .plist files.

Have you considered upgrading to Ventura (mac OS 13.0.1)? It’s been quite stable for me.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net