[MlMt] Message actions dont reflect in online gmail mailbox

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Tue Nov 15 09:28:32 EST 2022

Eelco,

Upgraded to Test Build 5927 today. Also checking/comparing with older
versions. No change in older versions of MM.

There is a short delay on the web, looking at my mail in Gmail’s Inbox
folder when new messages come in as compared to MM (so MM seems faster
to me to show new mail!). There is no apparent problem here. Moving
messages is about the same between MM and the web mail for actions taken
in MM.

ARCHIVING messages on MM while observing the web mail… There is a
problem: messages don’t move to the desired archive folder. I quickly
found the problem, however.

The archive folder in MM for that account was somehow set as the
Gmail>Archive folder in settings (settings>archive folder), not the
selected location. And the default Archive folder resides in the Gmail
folder so in Google terms it doesn’t move from the Gmail’s inbox.

I believe that may be your issue as well. You need a folder for Archive
OUTSIDE of the Google structure for it to disappear from the Inbox when
moved. Once this setting is complete in MM, your Gmail inbox will clear.
You may need to adjust the local settings on your iOS Mail side to
reflect a new archive folder if you handle email there.

This is true for other similarly set up accounts you may have.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.