[MlMt] Inverting message list color of selected item

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Wed Nov 2 09:30:55 EDT 2022

Pierre,

I agree with you in principle. Specifically, I went to a MacOS selection
in OS Settings - Appearance of Graphite as Background and
“Multicolor” Accent color settings as a trial with a color palette
in MailMate and a permanent “Dark” appearance environment.

In particular using the high luminance colors like yellow and even
orange give unusual readability between light and dark modes in MacOS.
So that’s an issue there.

It’s a balance act to get it right as to colors, especially in apps
driven from system settings of such variations. For whatever reason,
with the above system combo (Graphite BKG+ Multicolor accent) in use,
the color difference MailMate even with BLU color email selection the
combination of the two seems quite readable, whether selected or
unselected. I have no idea what drives the multi-color color selection
in MacOS but there is none in MailMate as has been pointed out.

Call it a work in progress? A lot more could be done in MailMate but
seems it would take some more research to to find a good process for
doing it.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -