[MlMt] How to set the IMAP Path Prefix? (Goal: flat folder structure)

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Wed Jan 26 23:33:07 EST 2022

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a try:

> This attribute added to the relevant source stanza in Sources.plist MAY work for you:
> namespaceResponse = '(("INBOX" "/")) NIL NIL';

I quit MailMate, added that line to the Sources.plist, and when I re-opened MailMate, there were only three folders: INVOX, Trash, and Drafts. At least they were in a flat hierarchy. I tried playing with the options under “Edit Subscriptions…” (“Ignore server subscription state …” and “Show private namespace […]”) but it only seemed to make things worse.

I've reverted the Sources.plist setting, and now all my mail is downloading again.

I'll just leave things as they are, since it makes me nervous to have to redownload all mail again (about 120,000 messages).

Thanks again,
Quinn