[MlMt] "Sent" vs "Sent Message" Problem

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Thu Feb 24 02:53:31 EST 2022

On 24 Feb 2022, at 1:56, Robert DelRossi wrote:

> I have an issue I can’t put my finger on. My email sent via iOS on both my iPhone and iPad shows up in a folder called Sent. That makes sense to me as that’s how my email server is configured.
>
> But my email sent via Mailmate on my desktop Mac shows up in “Sources” in a folder called “Sent Messages” and not at all in the Sent Messages folder shown at the top of the Mailmate screen.
>
> In iOS I can configure where I went sent mail to be stored. Can I do that somewhere in Mailmate?
>
> As you can imagine, this is super frustrating, as it makes it impossible to see all my sent messages for an account in any one place.
>
> Any ideas where I’ve screwed this up?

I think Apple Mail defaults to using (and creating) "Sent Messages". In Mailmate, as with other mail programmes, you can set the type of a mailbox so that it knows what to do. For example, set the mailbox to be "Sent Messages" and things should be fine. It took me a while, but I realised I could set the "learn spam" folder to "junk" for one of my accounts that has Spambayes on the server.

Note that "Sources" are the e-mail accounts and the top mailboxes special virtual folders that aggregate e-mail across accounts.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Sengelsweg 34