[MlMt] Auto-typo [language customizations, two-step approaches, more]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sat Feb 19 06:50:02 EST 2022

I found several support docs about auto-correction in either or both specific application and related to System Settings, so it is possible to use some auto-correction and language customizations in other apps… So are these desired features?
Apple: HT207767, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207767
How-to-Geek: https://www.howtogeek.com/363905/how-to-disable-or-customize-autocorrect-on-mac/
Microsoft (relevant to their own apps, particularly Outlook and Word for spellcheck and auto-correct options:
* https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/let-outlook-for-mac-automatically-detect-and-spell-check-languages-in-your-emails-1a94b031-78c3-4aa8-abe2-c2d89a01a2d4
* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-20162019-for-mac-spell-check-works-but/4ab1d2dc-bd7e-40ab-aad7-435e2531c1f4

Not in my opinion for MM, but that is me I suppose a feature request to Benny would be considered, but I think off or on with Apple’s System settings is good enough. Similarly for language customizations. For example, I use a set of text substitutions in MacOS to handle fractions, superscripted numerals that has served me well. Luckily these carry through to all apps and to iOS devices (mostly).

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden

Techworks Pro Co.
E: info<at>techworkspro<dot>com