[MlMt] Separate sets of smart folders for each account

Sam Birch list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Mon Feb 14 14:28:00 EST 2022

On 10 Feb 2022, at 23:12, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 2022-02-10 at 17:20:19 UTC-0500 (Thu, 10 Feb 2022 17:20:19 -0500)
> Sam Birch <mailmate at lists.freron.com>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> I also thought of putting smart mailboxes _inside_ each of my “sources” rather than in the “mailboxes” section, but the first time I tried that I got a crash, so for now I’m not.
>
> Yeah, that would never work.

So, that’s what I thought too, but it actually does work, as long as I never click the “Include messages in any submailboxes of this mailbox” checkbox in the Mailboxes tab of the mailbox settings dialog of a smart folder that lives in a source.

As far as I can tell, these smart mailboxes aren’t synched to the IMAP server at all, which is fine with me.

Cheers,
-sam