[MlMt] Reinstalling MailMate after a Mac OS Erase and Install

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Tue Feb 8 21:46:13 EST 2022

Here’s a MailMate question I’ve been thinking about: I occasionally
completely reinstall the entire drive from scratch, when new operating
systems are installed and just for that eventuality has anyone had a
similar occasion to reinstall MailMate from scratch?

First there are the “built-in apps that come over with the OS. Their
set up are almost exclusively in /Library/Application Support files.
Cache files are not included but usually rebuild just fine.

Second, I have a nice list of Apple apps that for instance, come over
from the App Store with all but Application Support files. So those are
relatively easy to reinstall.

Then there are non-App Store apps that have varying levels of additional
application settings stored hither and yon. Many of those are
rebuildable after installing the app alone from a blank slate. What
about MailMate? Figuring that it belongs in the this third tier.

For instance would installing the entire MailMate Support file structure
intact from a back up do a complete job of it - all user settings,
mailbox settings, the lock mailboxes, smart mailbox settings and
contents. I’ve discovered that the Messages for example are in,
~/Users/com.freron.MailMate. Will the app/system rebuild the rest
-caches, other files, with just that?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden