[MlMt] URL no longer displays when hovering over a link [works in greyed out active window]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Fri Dec 30 07:00:39 EST 2022

Steve,

You got it!

So, If right-click IN AN EMAIL, somehow the function is turned on and
stays enabled from that point onward, until the email is again selected
normally.

I found out that a message can be “grayed out” with the right click
by clicking in it. Then, when the message is grey out, the hovering
works!

Posted the “greyed out condition” initiated by control-clicking on a
received message [here showing greyed and the non-grayed one with
hovering working, selected message appearances in MM 1.14 Test Build
5933](https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sm07rfnzw2njc7f/AAA2gwYRFahYsYzcaMsZnYpEa?dl=0).

Maybe someone can confirm the conditions to duplicate it in Apple
Silicon+ Ventura + build where it started (first appeared) to take this
further.

Grayed out condition is normally enabled (in my case, anyway) when a
message is selected in the main window but a compose window is open.
It’s active instead of the main window. This doesn’t allow hovering
to work in the inactive main window as you might expect.

Hovering works only in an active window and with ^click. The
functionality is not working a compose window (E.G., while composing a
message). Hmmm…

^click in the main window when active alters this. While the main window
is active *click anywhere (including on a web link but that gives a
menu, AND toggles the hover so it’s weird there)* seems to enable this
functionality. This toggles something that grays the window while it’s
selected. This allows the function, (while composing, for example).

HA! To summarize, in this build with M1 Apple silicon and Ventura 13.1,
for this version and possibly earlier, we have a bug in MM that is is
repeatable always but in weird conditions we may not have previously
duplicated (Try to confirm, please), perhaps unintended to the
functionality of window selection.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -