[MlMt] Modified Bcc Address Ignored When Sending Replies

Mike Conley nomad at wasmac.com
Wed Dec 21 08:08:42 EST 2022

[I tried to report this on the Issue Tracker, but it refuses to accept my tickets, classifying them as spam.]

I always Bcc myself, to my sending address, on any email I send.

If I reply to a message which was sent to one of my email addresses, and I change the address from which I wish to send the reply, the Bcc field does not automatically change. Moreover, if I then manually change the Bcc address to match the sending address, and I then send the reply, the Bcc address which I set is ignored and the original (incorrect) one is used instead.

To reproduce:-

- Make sure the MmDefaultBccHeader preference has been set to "<.sender.>".
- Open a message received at one of your email addresses and Reply to it.
- Change the From address to another of your email addresses. Note that the Bcc address does not change to match the new From address.
- Change the Bcc address to match the new From address.
- Send the Reply.

Note that the new Bcc address is not used; the one originally set is used instead.

This may occur under other conditions than replying to messages as well; I haven't checked.

MM version 1.14 (5930).

-mike