[MlMt] Recreating an old workflow in MailMate

Zac Belado pixelgeek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:44:21 EST 2022

Hello all

I was trying to recreate an old workflow I had for my mailing lists.
I’ve gone back into the reaches of time and subscribed to a few
mailing lists and was having a heck of a time trying to get MailMate to
work the way I used to.

Now, I am totally prepared for someone to say ‘MailMate doesn’t work
that way’ but…

Typically what I used to do with a mailing list was have a folder that I
moved messages to when a mailing list message came in. Now I know that
MailMate has its own Mailing Lists dropdown but I have two problems with
it

1. It creates lists for anything that it thinks is a mailing list
including a series of receipts I have from an electronics store I shop
at
2. It doesn’t remove the message from the mailbox when it arrives.

So its an easier way to see all my mailing list messages but they still
end up in my mailbox.

What I would like to do is

1. Move the message to a folder or have it appear in a smart folder
2. Not have it display in my inbox

I can do #1 in my list but the second one is eluding me.

Any insights? Or perhaps a more MailMate way to do what I want?

Thanks