[MlMt] mailmate Digest, Vol 137, Issue 10

Sun Aug 14 01:07:52 EDT 2022

On 14 Aug 2022, at 5:55, vendorsvjy at yannalaw.com wrote:

> I woke up to find all of my account sub mailboxes except for Junk,
> Deleted and Trash are empty! All of my mailboxes emptied and all of my
> mail which I have saved since 2000 and earlier have been deleted
> somehow since Friday night. How can I recover the folders and the mail
> that they should contain.

To make a backup of everything before proceeding, you should make a copy
of the following folder before doing anything else:

	/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/MailMate/

It is the same location which will contain any previous state if you
use, e.g., use Time Machine.

But again, don't do anything before we analyzed the issue.

> Is there a way to backup and later restore these individual mailmate
> subfolders in each account.

First we need to figure out what happened. I'll write you off the
mailing list for more details which might include somewhat personal
details (account settings, etc.).