[MlMt] Message in GMail web interface not appearing in mailmate

Dibson T Hoffweiler dibson at hoffweiler.com
Thu Aug 11 22:26:51 EDT 2022

Hi Henry, thanks for the response.  My response inline below.

On 11 Aug 2022, at 18:06, Henry Seiden wrote:

> If you say you found the item in Gmail, then where was it, in a mailbox other than standard ones, perhaps? Could it simply be in a place that’s not (allowed to be) accessible to MM? You haven’t given me much to go on.

Great question.  Emails in Gmail (web interface) with the label “[Gmail]/Archive” also appear in Mailmate.  Emails without the label don’t appear in Mailmate.

I believe Mailmate assigns that label.  My guess is that I archived those emails myself in the Gmail mobile app, which put them somewhere Mailmate can’t access (perhaps Gmail’s mysterious-to-me “All Mail”).